Cynthia's Dance Center is a dance school in Folsom that helps the children to achieve goals. With everything we do, we believe in the love of dance. The way we instruct our classes is by one step at a time.
Benefits of Dance for Young Children
With arts provision shrinking in our mainstream schools, more and more parents are looking for quality performing opportunities for their children. Cynthia's Dance Center has been delivering children’s performing arts provision since 1978 and has seen the development of skills and confidence in thousands of children.
There are the obvious benefits of studying dance; reduced obesity, a fun source of exercise, healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and helping to maintain a balanced lifestyle. There is clinically significant evidence that children who participate actively in the performing arts spend less time sitting in front of a computer screen playing games and therefore are at less of a risk of developing health problems. Children who spend more than two hours a day on screen related pastimes are at a high risk of developing health issues, such as obesity.
Physical Health Benefits of Dance for Children
Cynthia's Dance Center was established by Cynthia Hall in 1978
She is a Master Teacher, and Choreographer. Her goal as a dance educator and caring parents is to bring dance, music, fun and laughter into the lives of young children. Our school has taught dance to thousands of dancers over the years. Many parents choose our school because of our unique teaching philosophy. All of our classes are designed to provide a balance of fun and education in a positive and encouraging environment. We believe the essence of teaching is taking notice of what makes each child special. Most of our students will not pursue professional careers in dance but that all students can benefit from meeting new friends, learning how to set and reach personal goals, developing a strong sense of self-confidence, and developing a passion for dance and skills that will last a life time. We believe in community and how dance can act as the common thing that brings us all together.
Watch your daughter blossom with confidence as she learns new moves each and every week. Your child will feel challenges as she learns new skills. She will have fun making new friends and feeling a sense of accomplishment while a sense of pride performing for her family. Then, watch her glow with pride as she performs for her #1 fan, you! Caring instructors who can't wait to share their love for dance with your little one.
Cynthia Hall Owner/Director of Cynthia's Dance Center Since 1978
Cynthia decided she wanted to teach dance and have her own dance school at age twelve. Studying dance since the age of five at Dancer's Workshop in Sacramento under the direction of Lillian Olsen. Lillian taught her to love tap the way she did. During her high school years she choreographed all variety shows and musical productions performed at Encina High School.There she danced and performed with Carla Stalling formally of The American Ballet Theater in New York City. Cynthia choreographed for various organizations including The Sacramento Players and Musical Comedy Workshop all before graduating from Encina High School in June of 1975. Attending American River College to receive her Associate Degree in Business in 1978 is when she opened Cynthia's Dance Center on Sunrise Blvd. in Citrus Heights. In August of 1983 she formed Cynthia's Dance Company with twenty students.
The I Love Dance Competition held every year in Sacramento awarded her the Teacher of the Year Trophy for the following years: I Love Dance Teacher of the Year 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989 and 1990. Kid's Artistic Revue, A National Dance Competition Company named our school, The Top Dance Studio of the Year 1989. That same year the studio moved to Roseville and resided until December 2003. In January 2004 she opened her school in Folsom where she has resided since 1981. Judging as well as Mistress of Ceremonies for Regional and National Dance Competitions companies has taken her traveling the United States from Los Angeles to New York.
It's not uncommon to find Cynthia at local events in Folsom and Roseville with Miss Folsom, Miss Sacramento and Miss Roseville Queens. The pageant is held yearly with contestants ranging in age from Newborns to Career Women. They attend community events, fundraisers, Sutter Street yearly events, parades and more.
Over the past years her students have been recognized many times for their outstanding performances on stage. Cynthia is happy to say "Teaching my students and watching them grown and progress is a love of the arts that I will never give up."
Testimonials about Cynthia's Dance Center
We take pride in giving great customer service. Please take a moment and read what some of our satisfied clients have said about us.
We take pride in giving great customer service. Please take a moment and read what some of our satisfied clients have said about us.
- 10/14 Hi Cynthia! I'm not sure if you remember me, but I was a student of yours in the early 1980'sMy name is Brenda Temple and I just wanted to say thank you & let you know that you had a huge impact on my life. I came to your studio after my parent's got divorced and I moved with my mother to Sacramento. I was the new kid, trying to fit in at school and feeling lost, but coming to the studio always made me happy. Dance was my escape and you were like a second Mother to me. You made me feel special at a time when I didn't feel special...thank you! I grew up even became a dance teacher for a while, and now, my 5 yr old daughter is dancing. It's brought back memories of my dance days and my favorite dance memories involved my time at your studio, so I wanted to reach out to you and let you know. I hope you and your family are all doing well.
- 1/12 Melissa C.-Miss Cynthia really has a heart for what she does and it truly shows. My daughter has attended the school for five years from 9 to 14 years old. It was her first extracurricular activity ever. We heard about this dance school from a Groupon ad. Miss Cynthia is so sweet and picks great costumes and materials for the girls to wear. If you're looking for a great place to take your child or tween, consider making Cynthia's Dance Center your next adventure.
- 4/27 Heather H. I am a past student of Cynthia's, from when I was a girl. When I saw she was still teaching dance I was elated to enroll my daughter in her class. My daughter started at just over 2 years old, she has been dancing at Cynthia's for about 7 months. I am amazed at my daughter's improvement in coordination and learning dance routines. She looks forward to going and seeing her friends and Ms. Cynthia every Saturday morning. Cynthia allows parents to watch the girls and it is so fulfilling, they are adorable! Cynthia is a professional dance teacher and she takes her role in your child's life very seriously. She teaches manners, accountability as well as respect to the art of dance and to other dancers. It is not an easy job with small children that are easily distracted, I appreciate that she ensures classes stay on track. Dance is a commitment and costs money and I feel my daughter and I get back what I pay for due to Cynthia's expectations of the children in class. She doesn't tolerate children who do not show respect while in class and I applaud her for that.
If you are looking for an experience that will enrich your child in more ways then just learning to dance, Cynthia can provide this to you and your child. There are costs for the lessons as well as the proper attire and dance performance costumes, this is an inevitable commitment you make when you sign up for a dance company. Thank you, Cynthia, for giving my family the ability to see our little girl grow and learn the art of dance as well as poise and respect for others.
- 9/11 Lisa W. I have known Miss Cynthia for many years, as both my daughter and I have taken dance and/or acting classes from her. I am amazed at how much my daughter has grown as an actress, and her poise and public speaking skills have improved tremendously! I also love taking dance classes here - Miss Cynthia is so patient with those of us who are still learning, and all of us in the class are having a great time. Cynthia's Dance Center is fantastic!
- 10/26 Georgiana R. I appreciate what Cynthia does to create a wonderful family event at A Night of 1,000 Pumpkins in Folsom. I appreciate all the time she gives to her dance team and inspired us to learn and improve. I appreciate her patience with us and your vision for the shows and costumes. Cynthia is a star in my book and you keep everything going, I had a lot of fun and our dance team has started their own fan club. Thanks again for all you do and creating inspiration and fun for all of us. Many blessings!
- 8/4/ Penny B.-I can't begin to describe how thankful we are to have found Ms Cynthia's Dance Center. My daughter, 4 looks fwd to seeing Ms Cynthia every week. Just like the studio size and that it's not a big dance school where little ones like my daughter feels overwhelmed. Besides, the owner/founder is teaching..... Can’t find that many these days. Most dance schools are big and crowded. Ms Cynthia is definitely very patient with the little ones and knows how to guide them. She has more than 40 years of teaching experience - no wonder! Highly recommended.
- 7/28 Bethany F.-Cynthia was my dance teacher as a young child and again briefly as an adult. Thanks to Cynthia, I developed a passion for dance which inspired me to become a dance teacher. I have so many fond memories of Cynthia's dance classes. The solid dance foundation I developed as a student of Cynthia's absolutely helped prepare me for a successful career as dance teacher. I will be forever grateful to Cynthia for being such a great instructor.
- 7/22 Aimee F.-My 4 year old little girl has been taking lessons from Cynthia for a year in a half and we have been so pleased with all she has learned. Cynthia has always made our daughter feel really special and has been so accommodating for us. When we started I had a newborn and didn't think I would be able to deal with both of their needs by myself. Cynthia let us take the class on Saturday mornings at 9 a.m. that way my husband was able to attend as well. For 6 months Cynthia danced with just my daughter because there was no one else in the class. We consider her part of the family and couldn't imagine going anywhere else!
- 7/15 Elizabeth H.-My 14 year old daughter has been taking ballet with a group of friends at Cynthia's Dance Center for the past six months. It has been a great experience for them! With Cynthia's help they have come a long way in that time and most had not been in dance before. Cynthia has been extremely warm, flexible, and supportive of the girls' goals in dance. I would definitely recommend Cynthia to anyone seeking a positive dance experience for their child at any level.
- 7/14 Janet S.-As a longtime student of Cynthia's, my 14 year old daughter has grown in many ways. Thanks to Cynthia she has grown in spirit and in confidence. She has learned what it means to focus and work hard to perform at your best. Cynthia is passionate about dancing and that is reflected in her methods of teaching. She has been a gracious and enthusiastic teacher and a wonderful mentor for my daughter. We would recommend Cynthia's Dance Center for anyone, young and old, at any level, who would like to learn tap, jazz and ballet dance.
- 7/14 Kristine H.-Ms. Cynthia is very kind and patient and encourages the girls to do their best, while having fun. She allows them to have some creativity of their own while focusing on dance. My daughter loves to go to her tap and jazz classes and is even more excited about the performances.
- 7/13 Shannon B.-We discovered Cynthia's Dance Center a little over 2 years ago when our Girl Scout troop went on a field trip to Cynthia's and learned different dance steps. My then 6 year old daughter loved dance but didn't have it available at her school. We started her at Cynthia's and she has just blossomed into an amazing dancer. Cynthia is an excellent professional and experienced instructor. She encourages the girls to do their best and have fun. My daughter will NOT miss a class, even rehearsals. She has been working hard and it has paid off. Cynthia is kind and patient and very talented at teaching young to teenage children. She is absolutely wonderful!
- 7/11 Mary S.-My granddaughter has taken dance lessons with Cynthia for several years. It has been such a positive experience! I recommend Cynthia so highly...she is dedicated and talented...she brings out the best in each child. If your child is interested in dance lessons...go to Cynthia's Dance Center and you'll be very happy!
- 7/11 Lauren K.-About a year ago, I was looking for a studio for my 4 year old to take some dance lessons. I thought it would be fun for her since she is always going to her brother's sporting activities. Well, we couldn't have been more thrilled. Cynthia is so patient, professional, and kind! She handles every situation with class and wisdom. Our little girl has developed coordination, increased her strength, and improved her listening skills all while having a wonderful time dancing! It has been exciting, as a parent, to see her progress. I simply can not say enough nice things about Cynthia's school. It has been a true pleasure sending our daughter there.
- 7/10 Debbie M.-My daughter along with several friends has been taking ballet at Cynthia's Dance Center since January. There are seven girls total all 13 and 14 years old. All the girls had little or no prior dance experience since most of them have been involved in various sports through the years. Cynthia has done a great job of introducing them to ballet. They have learned so much in a very short time. Cynthia's teaching style is both patient and positive. She works very hard to help her students achieve success. It's been a great experience and all the girls are thoroughly enjoying it. They always look forward dance class!
- 7/9 Julie S.-I was interested in signing up my two daughters (ages 3 & 5) for ballet and tap lessons. I searched online for a dance studio in our area and happened upon Cynthia's Dance Center. Cynthia offered a free introductory class, which we attended a few days later. My girls loved the class and Ms. Cynthia. I signed them up right away. The girls are having a blast and learning so much. Cynthia is very patient with the little girls and has so much natural talent. Although we have only been in the class for a month, we know we will continue with Ms. Cynthia for years to come!
- 7/8 David J.-I have been taking Jazz and Tap lessons from Cynthia for the past year. It has been a wonderful experience. I have met great friends through this as well. It has been fun! Cynthia is a working teacher. She gets right out there on the dance floor and works out with us. This makes it a fantastic learning experience. Thanks Cynthia, you do yourself proud!
- 7/8 Lavanya R.-Dancing at Cynthia's has been a wonderful experience for my two daughters during the past one year. I was looking for a teacher who is great with kids. I had tried several dance academies but the teacher turnaround was high and my girls were not learning much. I was also looking for a smaller setting yet one where the kids get to perform on stage on a regular basis. This is where Cynthia's dance center fit in. She is very organized and strives hard to get the best out of each of her dancers. My girls who are learning Tap, Jazz and Ballet love Cynthia and consider her as part of the family. Cynthia is very patient especially with the little dancers. Thank you, Cynthia for being such a wonderful teacher!
- 7/8 Audrey J.-My name is Audrey Johnson and I studied with Miss Cynthia for over 15 years. She taught me more than just dance technique. She taught me how to be a leading citizen in my community. Now my daughter is taking lessons from Miss Cynthia. Keep up the great work Miss Cynthia. You are doing a great job with your student's and now celebrating 40 years.
- 7/8 Anjali M.-My daughter started when she was 3 has been learning with Cynthia for years and she loves it!! She looks forward to every class and has developed a good understanding of the ballet and tap routines. Even at this young age Miss Cynthia was able to get the girls familiar with all the terminology while having fun. She is a wonderful teacher.